Wednesday 21 October 2015

~ Western Number 2 ~

I'm so excited to share that my new western - the sequel (but still a standalone novella) to The Ways of the West has just been accepted by Stormy Night Publications!

If you haven't already read The Ways of the West you can pick up a copy of it here



“Look Jed, you’re a woman. There isn’t a man here who would let you do the night watch. Not now that we know. We protect women, we don’t have them do the protectin’.”
       
“Threatening to spank me doesn’t sound very protective,” she countered, still not yet willing to back down.
       
If it helps to keep the woman safe, sometimes it’s necessary.” Mr Jordan spoke softly, his tone a gentle one, unlike the brusqueness in which he’d issued orders to his men just seconds before. He swept a stray lock of her hair back off her face. “There is a job for you here for as long as you want it. All the way to Sedalia. You’re a good drover. But now that I know you’re a woman, I will put in place measures to protect you. And I will expect you to obey them.” 

His deep baritone voice rumbled through her, sending waves of heat to her loins. What was it about his voice that affected her so? It was so gruff and commanding, even though he was speaking quietly. Maybe a spanking cowboy would be better than the unknown … and Cal.
       
She sighed, giving in. “Thank you,” she murmured.
       
“Are you happy bedding down on the ground with us or would you rather spread your bedroll in the supply wagon?”
       
The ground is fine. I don’t want any special treatment, Mr Jordan. I signed on to this drive to do a job. The fact that I’m a woman doesn’t change that.”
       
Good.” Tipping his hat to her, Mr Jordan turned and walked away, leaving Jed to her thoughts. They were tumbling around in her brain, confusing her. Why did she find Mr Jordan so attractive? Threatening to spank her like that – he was no more than a callous brute! And yet she couldn’t get him out of her mind. His spanking threat intrigued and excited her, and much to her shame, she found herself mildly curious as to what a spanking from the handsome trail boss would feel like.


Don't forget to check out the other participants below:


7 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I really enjoyed The Ways of the West and am so excited to hear there will be a sequel! Enjoyed the excerpt and look forward to hearing more about this book:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz! I hope you enjoy this one as much as The Ways of the West :)

      Delete
  2. Woo-HoOOO! I knew there'd be a sequel ☺
    Congratulations on your new submission, Kelly. I can't wait to find out more about about Jed and Mr. Jordan. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see a sequel coming, and I hope you intend to share more! Congrats, Kelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will definitely be sharing more :)

      Delete